June 20th, 2011
Now that Emily and I have been living in Zürich for 2 and half years (on and off), we have found a lot of great restaurants around the city. Here is a list of our favorites so far. Let me know if you know of any other great restaurants in Zurich we should try!
View My Favorite Zürich Restaurants in a larger map
- Don Leone – Probably my favorite restaurant in Zürich, definitely my favorite pizza (pasta is also very good). Reservations are required. The location by Stauffacher is smaller and a more festive.
- Santa Lucia – My second favorite pizza in Zürich. Multiple locations all over town.
- Bodega Berta – A nice, local place near Idaplatz (Emily’s favorite platz)
- Restaurant Rosso - Great ambiance and good pizza. Make reservations early.
- Accademia del Gusto – A more upscale Italian restautant with very nice pastas (but small portions). Crowd is older and quite dressed up.
- Blokhus – A small place with a lot of character and great steak tartar (with truffle oil!)
- Raclette Stube – Best fondue in Zurich
- LaSalle – A slightly fancier place with great food. A good choice for celebrating special occasions.
- Zeughauskeller – Touristy, but good food
- Restaurant Eisenhof – House specialty is steak on a hot stone with pommes frites. The beef and horse filets are both nice. Thanks for the tip Christian & Bertrand!
- Kings Kurry – Best Indian in Zurich. Good lunch buffet for ~26 CHF
- Ah-Hua – Best Thai in Zurich
- Nooch – A casual Asian place with sushi and great stirfry noodle dishes (Beef & Zen is my favorite)
- Samurai – Very good Japanese restaurant. Good sushi for Emily, Japanese curry for me.
- Angkor – A great Asian restaurant with a huge menu near Emily’s office
- Bimi Japan-Restaurant – Another good sushi place with stuff that I can eat too (teriyaki, etc)
- Le Cedre – Great Lebanese mezze (small plates). Our standard order is hummus, baked cheese, artichoke, and a lamb kebab.
- Maison Blunt – Another good Lebanese mezze place
- Bohemia – Best brunch in town. Great when you want a big, American-style breakfast/brunch.
- Zum Guten Gluck – This cafe is a hidden gem. Good dutch pancakes.
- Bubbles – One of the only places in Zurich that sells bagels (that we’ve found). Pretty solid.
- Hiltl – Delicious, high-quality vegetarian food. They have a buffet or you can order from the menu.
- Cafe Conditorei Schober – Best hot chocolate I’ve ever had in my life. The interior is very cool/interesting also and changes drastically on every floor.
- Les Halles – A funky bar with great moules-frites (that’s mussels with french fries for you non-French speakers)
- Outback Lodge – Australian bar/restaurant. Mondays are all-you-can-eat wings and wedges for ~30 CHF, aka “Wedge Night”
- Churrascaria Rincao – I’m a sucker for churrascarias and this is the only one in town. All-you-can-eat meat for 50 CHF.